The Holy Monastery of the God-trodden Mount Sinai, Saint Catherine 's Monastery
Back to First Page
Structures
Monastery Complex
Surrounding Area
Buildings Outside the Monastery

The Kyrillou Complex
 

Outside the monastery entrance is a building referred to as the Kyrillou. This was constructed in 1859 at the time of Archbishop Cyril Byzantios, and hence its designation as the Kyrillou. This is a simple classicist edifice made of hewn limestone blocks. It serves as a residence for women visitors to the monastery, and in particular, to visiting nuns, allowing them to attend services inside the monastery.

 
Choose the pictures for enlargement

Δημιουργία και Χορηγία του Τόπου: Ίδρυμα Όρους Σινά
Copyright © των Κειμένων: Ίδρυμα Όρους Σινά, Αθηνών
Copyright © Φωτογραφιών: Ιερά Μονή Θεοβαδίστου Όρους Σινά, Αγίας Αικατερίνης

  Stay Global Kalampakas - Tsonis Co Stay Global Co